Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fractals

So I'm no fan of math - never was. Sure, it's super applicable, and surrounds us everywhere we go, but c'mon - those tests are brutal!

...Well... at least that's what I used to think. Now I'm not sure... I'm much more interested. To me, it was a given that math can be applied to everyday life. People have told me this several times, and I believed it so blindly (for I had seen the easy connections) that I personally had forgotten about it until now. But thanks to a video I watched in math class, I rediscovered the reason why people still study math in school and make a living from it.

I now understand how people could go crazy with math - and love it!

Check out the video we watched: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/fractals/program.html
...Totally opened my eyes.

No comments:

The Asterisks (*) Throughout the Blog

Throughout "HIGHSCHOOL ~shudder~", certain words will be accented with asterisks throughout the posts. The reason for their accentuation is listed below:

inconceivable - as in "He didn't fall?! Inconceivable!", from the movie The Princess Bride.

read in english class - we get to pick our own books, and I picked "I AM AMERICA (AND SO CAN YOU!)" for my latest one... see nov. 4th blog post...

O.o = anime emoticon face with squinty eye. Used most often when I talk about mathematics.